UECNA, Union Européenne Contre les Nuisances Aériennes, was founded in 1968 by three citizens who suffered from aircraft noise: Maitre Guillot, a lawyer from Paris (Orly – France), André Looten, from Geneva (Switzerland) and Pasteur Kurt Oeser from Frankfurt (Germany).
UECNA is still today the sole umbrella organisation gathering the interest of people overflown by aircraft and suffering from aircraft noise and emissions with members from all over Europe.
UECNA members are national organisations, regional active groups or local residents fighting against the noise of one airport. Aircraft noise and emissions are growing environmental problems of today’s air traffic and mobility. Their major impact on human health is not to be demonstrated anymore: numerous diseases are now definitely associated with such pollution.
|Vice-President||John Stewart||United Kingdom|
|Board member||Manfred Peter||Austria|
|Board member||Mike Gerard||Switzerland|
|Board member||Alain Peri||France|
|Board member||Anna Serdari||Greece|
|Board member||George Vlachopoulos||Greece|
|Board member||Giulio Marsigli||Italy|
Why join us?
- We need to put our voices together to be heard by the European institutions. Today, the aviation lobby is so powerful that it is very difficult for the people in flight paths to be heard.
- If you want to participate in larger debates on the future of aviation, UECNA is where you have to belong.
- We need your support, not just financial, although we also need the finance, but if you have technical knowledge, we may need your help.
- You may just want to support our actions, without actually working with us and this will also be appreciated.
- You will take part in the annual general meeting and you may have a possibility to be represented and work at the level of the board of directors if seats are available
How to join us?
Should you want to join us, you may contact by email any of the board members or use the contact form . You should specify the details and the aim of your organisation together with a description of your activities.
Your candidacy will be examined by the board of directors and the decision you will be notified to you.